This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Necronomicook - modelsheet (thumbs)

Since this is a for-fun-project, I'm not sure I can bring myself to do a "proper" modelsheet, where all views are perfectly dead-on and it looks like there's a stick up his ass. Do you really want to be working with the kind of modeler who needs that degree of hand-holding anyway? Weight will be shifted. Masses will be slightly advancing/receding. It just makes for a stronger image, and one I can be excited about actually finishing, vs. something I know is going to look stiff and shitty from the getgo.



I like to give 3D modelers credit as being creative, problem-solving artists, rather than soulless production drones. They'll get that the guy is big and fat without a schematic.

No comments: