This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Diverge - pics

Here's some pics my BFF/bitter rival Nick Southam took of me at Diverge Workshop in Dallas a couple weeks back. I did a talk on impromptu thumbnailing called "Thumb War" (more details pending). Thanks to Tony and Stephy for hosting, and to everyone who sat through my two hour experiment!


The rig above me is a backwards-facing step ladder with a camera hooked to a projector, plus a lamp. I'm using a coworker's fold-up drafting table.


Paul Richards : actual size


I need to learn to grip the mic more confidently at these things. Looks like I'm holding a stalk of wet asparagus.


Blah, blah, blah...


You know what they say about a man with big hands...

1 comment:

Headphone Commute said...

The "asparagus" comment is hysterical